Terms & Conditions
Cottage Rental Agreement made this day of March 30th, 2020, whereby we, the landlords, ROBERT RAYMOND and DINA RAYMOND, both having a mailing address at P.O. Box 70, Goshen, Massachusetts 01032, agree to let you, the agree to take the cottage situated at #14, #16 and/or #20 West Shore Drive, Goshen, Massachusetts.
100% of the rent shall be paid upon receipt of and agreement to this
contract. If you cancel this agreement 45 days prior to arrival date you will be refunded 100% of the total rent due hereunder minus a 5% transaction fee. If you cancel this agreement 30 days prior to arrival date you will be refunded 50% of the total rent due hereunder minus a 5% transaction fee. If you cancel this agreement under 30 days prior to arrival date you will not receive any refund.
The said cottage is to be used as a vacation residence for the above named tenant(s) only and for no other purpose. FOR VALUABLE CONSIDERATION, THE RECEIPT AND SUFFICIENCY OF WHICH IS HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGED,
THE UNDERSIGNED PARTIES TO THIS AGREEMENT HEREBY AGREE AS FOLLOWS:
WE (LANDLORD) AGREE TO:
1. Supply at no extra charge the following:
a. Water in reasonable quantities.
b. Existing range and refrigerator
c. Pay the cost of electricity. PLEASE conserve!
2. Provide parking spaces for two (2) automobiles.
YOU (TENANT) AGREE TO:
1. Pay 100% of the rent upon receipt of this contract.
2. Observe all regulations, which are part of this agreement or are provided to you by landlord.
3. Leave the cottage in good and broom clean condition with no damage to the cottage or its furnishings when you move out.
4. The sum of $100.00 shall be held by the landlord as a security deposit to assure full and faithful performance of all terms, conditions and covenants of this agreement, and to be returned at the termination of this agreement after the inspection of the premises by the landlord, if the landlord determines that the premises and furnishings have not been damaged, and there has been no other breach of this agreement by tenant.
YOU (TENANT) AGREE:
1. I (Landlord) may repair any damage to the cottage, its furnishings, and the grounds caused by you or any members of your family or guests and charge the costs to you as additional rent.
2. If you do not move out when this agreement ends or is terminated, I may bring proceedings to evict you, and any holdover by tenants after the date this agreement ends or is terminated does not constitute a renewal of the term of this agreement and during any such holdover period, you shall pay use and occupancy charges equal to $200.00 per day.
3. If you do not leave the cottage and its furnishings in good condition when you move out, you will pay on demand, as damages all costs of cleaning, repairing, and redecorating the cottage.
4. Upon taking possession of the cottage, you will inspect the cottage and notify us immediately of any damage to the cottage or the furnishings therein. You will be held responsible for the cost of repairing any such damage if no prior notice was given to us of said damage at the commencement of the rental period.
5. You will monitor your children and those of your guests at all times for their safety and to insure that they do not damage the cottage, the furnishings therein, or any items or gardens on the grounds. Children must be accompanied by an adult at the
waterfront at all times.
6. THERE IS NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY. Please monitor your children at the waterfront and on the premises at all times. You are responsible for the safety of your children and those of your guests.
7. You will comply with any and all rules and regulations that we establish, including those that are contained herein, attached hereto, or provided to you from time to time.
8. All names and addresses of parties renting the cottage must be disclosed above. You will not permit any persons other than those "tenants" described above to occupy the cottage.
9. The cottage may not be shared concurrently for any rental period.
10. No subletting is allowed at any time.
11. There is no smoking or vaping allowed anywhere in the cottages or on the premises at any time.
12. PETS ARE NOT PERMITTED AT ANY TIME unless prior arrangements have been made for your DOG only in the WHITE or GREY cottage. PLEASE ADVISE YOUR GUESTS ACCORDINGLY. If you are renting a dog friendly cottage this rule still applies to visitors. No guest dogs please.
**PLEASE NOTE- Dogs MUST be on leash at all times. PLEASE carefully Read Dog Policy. to be sure this works for you and your dog. There is a $100.00 per week dog fee.
13. No more than 6 guests MAXIMUM are allowed to occupy a cottage overnight.
The minimum ratio of adult to child under age 18 is 1:3 (2:5 depending on the age of the child). You are limited to a maximum of 6 guests joining you at the waterfront at any time. If you would like to have more visitors PLEASE speak with us first and in advance. We will always try our best to accommodate you.
PLEASE CHECK IN WITH US FIRST PRIOR TO MAKING YOUR ARRANGEMENTS.
14. If we bring proceedings to dispossess you, or an action to enforce any of your covenants, obligations or duties under this agreement, you will pay on demand as damages,
a. all costs of any such proceedings, and other legal actions, including reasonable attorneys fees,
b. all other expenses of moving you, and
c. the cost of redecorating and repairing the cottage.
15. We have not guaranteed a specific delivery date for the cottage but we will only charge you rent from the date on which the possession of the cottage is available to you.
16. We have no promises except those expressly stated in this agreement.
17. Although we may fail to take action on account of any violation of this agreement by you, we do not thereby waive our right to take action on account of any future or continuing violations by you.
18. ALL NOTICES UNDER THIS AGREEMENT MUST BE IN WRITING. WE CANNOT REGARD WORD OF MOUTH INFORMATION AS NOTICE.
19. This agreement is subject and subordinate to all mortgages now or hereafter placed on the property.
RULES AND REGULATIONS: YOU (TENANT) WILL NOT
1. Do anything to disturb your neighbors. Quiet time is from 10:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m.
2. Overload the electrical systems or the kitchen sink or toilet.
3. Store any flammable materials in the building.
4. Litter or obstruct the grounds in any way.
5. Do anything that will violate any law or increase insurance rates on the property.
6. Keep any animals of any kind in your cottage or on the grounds.
(UNLESS arranged with us in advance.)
7. Permit any nuisance on the premises.
8. Permit any persons other than those tenants described on the front of this agreement to occupy the cottage.
9. PLEASE respect our maximum guest load! Our cottages CANNOT support more than 6 people MAXIMUM per cottage.
YOU (TENANT) WILL:
1. Park only in areas designated by landlord.
2. Permit us to enter your cottage to:
a. inspect or make repairs;
b. show the cottage to future tenants;
c. show the cottage to prospective purchasers of the property during reasonable hours.
3. Bear the risk of any damage to your property or landlord’s property in your cottage.
4. Place your garbage and rubbish in the area designated by landlord.
5. Take good care of the cottage and the appliances we supply you, and maintain and leave the same in clean and working condition.
YOU AGREE THAT WE MAY CHANGE THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS FROM TIME TO TIME AS MAY BE NEEDED TO PROTECT THE PROPERTY OR ADD TO ITS ENJOYMENT.
THIS AGREEMENT IS AN IMPORTANT LEGAL & BINDING DOCUMENT AND SHOULD BE RETAINED BY YOU. SIGNATURE ON THIS AGREEMENT ACKNOWLEDGES COPY RECEIVED BY TENANT. IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the undersigned have signed this agreement as of the date first above written.
Robert Raymond 2020
Dina Raymond 2020
PO Box 70
Goshen, MA 01032